Our consultancy and training services
Alcohol Concern provides a range of training and consultancy services designed and delivered by experts in the field.
Alcohol-related problems remain one of the biggest challenges facing the NHS, social services, ambulance trusts, police forces, local authorities and treatment providers. If we are to meet these challenges head on it is essential we have a work-force with the skills, knowledge and understanding to be able to identify and work with alcohol-related problems in a number of different settings and across different disciplines and specialisms.
Alcohol Concern training builds the necessary skills so that professionals working in any setting can successfully tackle alcohol-related problems; be that private, statutory or voluntary sectors.
We offer the following courses on an onsite basis:
- Identification and brief advice (IBA)
- Alcohol and young people
- Alcohol and the older person
- Advanced alcohol awareness
- Managing drunken behaviour
- Working with difficult to engage adults
- Working with difficult to engage young people
If you have 5-20 members of staff at your organisation who would benefit from an onsite training session please email the Consultancy and Training Team: email@example.com or call: 020 7566 9800.
Consultancy services are available to investigate and advise on measures to tackle alcohol related harm, for example, by supporting Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) and Local Authorities in carrying out Alcohol Needs Assessments, Local Alcohol Impact Studies and developing Local Alcohol Strategies.
Find out more about:
- Consultancy and training opportunities for PCTs and local authorities
- Consultancy for commissioners working to reduce alcohol health harms and related crime and disorder
- Case studies of our work